Many of today’s best digital marketing companies in Toronto will make bold claims. They are professional marketers, after all, and making bold claims is the nature of their business. One claim that you’ll occasionally hear being promised by digital marketers is that search engine optimization (SEO) can help your business double in size.
This claim is indeed very bold. After all, if making just one change—such as launching a search engine optimization campaign—could cause your business to dramatically increase its revenue and profit margins, then wouldn’t every business choose to do so?
Of course, doubling in size is not something that any digital marketer should or could guarantee. But, based on case studies across many different industries, it is clear that achieving remarkable growth through better search engine optimization is indeed within reach for many businesses.
According to one recent estimate, 93 percent of all online experiences begin with a search engine. Search engines play a crucial role in how we learn and experience the real world around us. SEO arose as a business necessity. Below, we will discuss the most important things business owners need to know about search engine optimization and whether engaging an SEO campaign can really help your business double in size.
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a term used to describe a broad set of practices designed to help businesses improve their search engine page rankings (SERP). For a business to be easily discovered, it needs to land on the front page of Google. Google uses an ever-changing set of algorithms to determine who makes the front page and, essentially, the job of many of today’s SEO leaders is to create content that effectively corresponds with these algorithms.
For a piece of content to make it to the front page of Google for certain key terms, your business (or your SEO partner) is going to need to do some work. A few of the many functions of search engine optimization include:
- Keyword Research: to reach a wider audience, your business needs to identify corresponding keywords and incorporate these keywords into already existing content. There are many tools that can be used for keyword research including SEM Rush, competitor analysis, Google Analytics, and more.
- Technical Optimization: Google (and other search engines) wants to encourage high-performing content. Taking actions to make your content optimized for mobile usage and increase page speed will help improve your search engine rankings.
- Interlinking and Backlinking: to improve the credibility of the content appearing on your website, you should find opportunities to directly link to authoritative sources. Google’s algorithms use the E-A-T model, which stands for “Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness.” You will also want to work with a contextual link building service to create internal links that help make your own site more interconnected.
- Digital Appearances: having your business featured elsewhere on the web—including press releases, guest posts, paid articles, and more—will help increase your digital footprint.
- Citations, GMB, and Meta-Descriptions: a meta-description is a “rich snippet” of information that makes it easier for Google to identify the primary purpose of a longer piece of content. Additionally, you will want to optimize summaries of your business, including citations and Google My Business.
- Cross-Platform Coordination: SEO can occur across every component of your digital platform, including your website, Google, and social media pages. Coordinating a multi-platform campaign will help improve digital marketing outcomes.
Rather than trying to manage these many moving pieces entirely on their own, many businesses will hire an SEO expert to manage these things for them. Digital marketing is no longer a supplementary component of the modern marketing plan—it is a core component that can make a tremendous difference.
Conclusion – Benefits of Hiring an SEO Expert
The most obvious reason to hire a Denver SEO expert is that, in doing so, you will improve your digital footprint and quickly begin to attract more leads if you are in Colorado for example. SEO may not always be able to close the sale for you, but it will bring a significantly wider (and self-filtered) audience to your website, helping you remarkably increase your exposure. It is not uncommon for an SEO campaign to result in a 300 percent increase in traffic.
Most business owners do not have the time to manage every component of their website entirely on their own. They’d rather be focused on the profit-generating portions of their business. Hiring an SEO expert can help your business outrank your competitors, maintain its digital standing, and, ultimately, improve your bottom line.
Creating Measurable Goals
Key performance indicators can help a business track its progress over time. Earlier, we suggested that an SEO campaign can potentially trigger a 100 percent increase in revenue. While monitoring the relationship between digital marketing activity and revenue is important, this is just one of many ways to try to measure the success of a given campaign.
Creating measurable goals will help your business stay on track. For example, rather than solely looking at revenue, your business might want to look at other factors, such as bounce rate, total clicks, and time spent on each page. Keeping close tabs on these more refined metrics will help your business know which changes are needed to reach the broader revenue goal.
Developing a Long-Term Digital Marketing Plan
Conducting a search engine optimization campaign is a marathon, not a sprint. If an SEO company Miami is promising that they will double your revenue overnight, you should probably start looking for something else. Even the occasional SEO “miracle” will likely be corrected with the next algorithm update.
But while doubling revenue will not occur immediately, it certainly can happen eventually. With the right digital marketing strategies in place, your business can continue making progress and attract a wider audience. Eventually, momentum will be on your side and you’ll be positioned for long-term success. By tracking KPIs, implementing a continuous cross-platform campaign, and making adjustments as needed, you can eventually achieve your long-term goals. SEO will be key for any business that wants to remain competitive.